Learning how to grill New York steak on a gas grill just got a whole lot easier with this recipe. No more charred outsides and raw insides. Instead, you’ll always count on pulling a perfectly seared piece of meat right from your Primate.
When you’re hankering for a hunk of steak, this recipe will put you 30 minutes away from propane-fueled nirvana.
What’s the Beauty of a NY Strip Steak?
You’ll hear a lot of pitmasters say they love to grill up a good NY strip steak on their gas grill. But why? What is it about this cut that makes it a go-to favorite? Here are a few reasons:
- It’s a perfect size for most eaters and appetites: The average New York strip steak is between a half-pound and a pound of meat. That’s ideal for a family dinner or picnic.
- It’s relatively low in calories: There’s a reason why so many fitness buffs and meal prep aficionados appreciate NY strip steaks: They’re not diet destroyers. Your strip steak, without additions like a little butter on top, packs in the protein without you packing on the pounds.
- It’s readily available almost anywhere: Want a NY strip steak for tonight’s gas-grilled grub? Head to any butcher or grocery store. You may even find it on sale, although prices range depending on where you shop.
- It’s tasty even after freezing: Fetched a good rate on a dozen or so NY strip steaks? Pick ’em up, take ’em home and freeze ’em safely. As long as you use your steaks within about three months of freezing, they’ll taste terrific.
- It can stand on its own without much fuss: Sure, you could add tons of seasonings beyond salt and pepper to your grilled NY strip steak. You don’t have to, though. Strip steaks have enough boldness to go au naturel.
There’s no limit to the great stuff we can say about NY strip steak. You can feel confident that when you want steak, this one’s a winner.
Side Dish Suggestions for a Meal Featuring Strip Steak
Looking for other foods to go along with your strip steak? Any type of potato dish will bring out steak’s natural flavors. Cooked veggies and veggie-based salads pair nicely with NY strip steak, too. And who could forget homemade and home-battered onion rings for something completely indulgent?
Your Primate just called and said it’s time to plan for dinner. Is tonight the right moment to grill up some NY strip steak? Try it and see!