This Grilla dip is much more than just a dip, it’s got all of the pop you’d expect from a kicked up barbecue ranch dressing. It’s fantastic anywhere ranch, mayo, or sour cream is called for. The addition of our Grilla barbecue sauce adds a great smoky dimension to an old favorite. It’s also the perfect dipping sauce for Grilla grilled wings. Be sure to add this to your list of savory dip recipes as it’s a crowd pleaser at any tailgate where you’ve got wings to dip or any variety of grilled chicken.
Tips to Add More Character to a Basic BBQ Ranch Dressing Recipe
One taste of this savory ranch dip is all you need to make it a basic favorite. However, we know you will want to mix it up from time to time. To help your imagination run wild as you discover new ways to add character to the general BBQ ranch dressing recipe, try these tips:
- Switch up the recipe to use a different type of Grilla sauce or rub. You can even eliminate the rub or sauce if you want, which will produce a different consistency. Just be sure not to eliminate both the sauce and rub because the result will have no kick.
- Skip the pre-made ranch dressing mix packet and make your own dressing dip mix using spices and seasonings in your kitchen. Many pitmasters are surprised at how fast they can pull together homemade ranch dressing mix by combining ingredients like parsley, garlic powder, onion flakes, pepper, dill, chives, a pinch of salt and dried buttermilk.
- Toss in a dash of Tabasco sauce if you want to up the heat factor.
- Throw in a few diced onions, peppers and tomatoes to give the BBQ ranch chicken dip a chunkier finish.
- Use lowfat yogurt instead of regular sour cream to reduce the overall calories and fat in the BBQ ranch sauce.
Places to Show Off Your BBQ Ranch Dressing Recipe
BBQ ranch dip pairs perfectly with wings. However, it can also be useful for serving with other meals. For instance, some people enjoy dipping their pizza slices in ranch. Give them something to sing about by grilling a pizza and supplying them with an unforgettable dip for their smoked pie.
Another practical use for BBQ ranch dressing sauce is as a dip for cut-up vegetables, cheese and smoked bologna. It also has a memorable punch as a dipping sauce for pretzels, potato chips and other crunchy snacks.
Above all else, be prepared to make this BBQ ranch sauce frequently. It disappears out of a fridge faster than you can say Grilla!