Ditch the oven and take the time to learn how to smoke a ham this Easter. Make your own pineapple bourbon and honey glaze for a sweet and crunchy crust. This easy smoked ham recipe shows you how to smoke a ham on the Grilla or Silverbac wood pellet smoker.
Have Ham on a Pellet Grill Anytime
Far too many people relegate ham to just holidays. It may be because whole hams are not on sale other times of the year. However, when you create a smoked ham on a grill, you actually stretch your food budget. Plus, you add a whole new protein option to your typical meals.
How does making this award-winning ham recipe give you much more than meets the eye?
- You can easily carve up and freeze parts of the ham from your pellet grill. Whatever you cannot use today, you can definitely use down the road. Your ham will keep frozen for a few months. Just make sure to label it.
- You will be able to serve ham steaks one night and other recipes with smoked ham the following days. Consider adding diced ham to your omelets and scrambled eggs, or create some smoked mac and cheese dotted with diced ham.
- You can boil the ham bone. If you buy a ham with the bone in, make sure you boil the ham bone after you have completely carved away the meat. Ham bone broth makes a great starter for all those homemade soups.
Why wait until the calendar says it is a holiday to have some smoked ham? Treat yourself to this everyday delicacy right now.
Pairings for Your Smoked Ham From the Grill
After you learn how to smoke a ham on the grill, you will want to make sure you complement your main ingredient with other dishes.
Here are some of our favorite sides to go with pellet-cooked ham:
- Cruciferous veggies. These include cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts. Not surprisingly, they can also be cooked on your grill. Their slightly bitter undertones pair delightfully with sweet ham.
- Potatoes and other starches. From sweet potatoes to red, white and blue mini-potato varieties, you have a world of starches available. Try smoking them for extra flavor.
- Fresh salad. Going a bit on the lighter side? Serve hot slices of juicy ham alongside a cool salad. The contrast is refreshingly delectable!
Dive into hog heaven today. Make our award-winning ham recipe for your family and friends.