Chimp Tailgater WiFi Wood Pellet Grill
Chimp Tailgater WiFi Wood Pellet Grill
Perfect for tailgating, camping, your backyard or anywhere else, the Chimp is durably constructed with versatility in mind. Now, you can take it anywhere, and control it anywhere with Grilla Grills New Alpha Connect Control Board. With Alpha Connect, you can:
- Start or stop your grill from anywhere you have a wireless connection
- Monitor temperatures, set probe and grill temperature alarms
- Utilize our new TempTamer technology
- Get troubleshooting help for when your grill has a hiccup
The Chimp is a portable pellet grill that has a compact frame packed with the same powerhouse grilling features you’ve come to love from Grilla Grills. It still features our two industry-defining smoking modes introduced with our Alpha Smoke technology. You asked for it, we delivered, the Chimp has all the mobility and brand new wireless technology we could fit into a pellet grill. Make your next tailgate, camping trip or backyard BBQ even better with a Chimp today!
Chimp Alpha Connect Tailgater Wood Pellet Grill Features
Wood Pellet Heating Technology
- Alpha Connect WiFi Controller
- Set' n Forget Digital Control System
- Backlit Easy Read Control Board
- 180°F to 500°F in 5-degree increments
- Set & Monitor Timers
- Full Wireless Control and Troubleshooting Help through Application
- Indirect Cooking
- Full stainless steel grates
- Convection-style cooking
- No flare-ups
- Automatic Fire Tending by advanced control board
- Included meat probe connected to control board for easy monitoring
- Stainless steel firepot
- Double Wall Insulation
- Industry Exclusive TempTamer Feature
- Diminishes effect on grill temperature when opening the lid.
High-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If the unit exceeds 615°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
Low-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If unit drops below 150°F for an extended time, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
- High-temperature powder coat
- 15-lb hopper capacity
- Grease can holder
- Snap Lock folding legs
- Total Cooking Area: 460" square inches
- Main Cooking Area: 340" square inches (22x15.5)
- Upper Rack: 120" square inches (22x5.5)
- Grill grates made from stainless steel rod
- Removable top grate
- Insulated cooking chamber helps the grill better maintain its internal temperature
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Seams welded, powder coated, and caulked for triple redundant weather protection
- Stainless steel lid
- Drip pan protects against flare-ups by catching food drippings
- Stainless steel internal components
- Dual Wall Thermal Metal Jacket for year around efficiency
- The Chimp is powered by a standard household three-prong outlet: 120 Volt 50/60hz.
Dimensions & Weight (Folded)
- Height: 24 in.
- Width: 37 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Dimensions & Weight (Extended)
- Height: 41 in.
- Width: 38 in.
- Depth: 20 in.
- Weight: 90 lbs
Frequently Asked Questions about the Chimp
How do I get replacement parts for the Chimp?
Replacement parts for the Chimp can be purchased online.
Can I sear with the Chimp?
Yes! Simply crank up your heat to 450° towards the end of you cook. For those extremely defined grill marks, we also offer custom Grill Grates customized specifically for the Chimp.
How do I season my Chimp?
Before you get to smoking, it's important to season your smoker. This process will remove any manufacturing oils left on the grill. Run your grill for 45 minutes at 450°, then you are ready to either shut it off, or start smoking. Refer to the manual or this video for additional instructions.
Do I have to buy a specific brand of pellets to use with the Chimp?
Nope! Any food grade wood pellet will work in these units. That being said, we do recommend using quality hardwood pellet fuel, as opposed to alder wood (which tends to burn a lot faster). We provide plenty of information on how to find and use wood pellets
How many cooks can I get with a full hopper?
At an average cooking temperature of 250°, pellets burn at about a pound an hour. Overall a hopper holds 15 lbs of pellets and will cook for around 10-15 hours.
How hard is it to assemble the Chimp?
You don't need a giant manual or to be a mechanical engineer to assemble our grills. With just a few screws to install, you'll be up and running in 15-minutes.
Will the Chimp maintain cooking temperatures in cold weather?
You bet! Our pellet grills are come standard with a double wall Internal Steel Thermal Jacket. This heavy-duty design features a double wall liner for more efficient cooking when the temperature drops below 55° F: up to 33% more efficient than single wall pellet smokers (which most are by the way). That means you're going to burn less fuel in cold weather, you don't need thermal blankets and you have a full range of operating temperatures in any climate. No more messy smoky blanket storage because you've got the all season performance of grills that cost twice as much.
What's the best wood pellet grill?
The best wood pellet grill should have an excellent range of features and a reasonable price. The Silverbac, Grilla and Chimp offer an unmatched level of construction and technology at a price point that won’t break the bank. From stainless steel construction (where it counts) to the game changing WiFi enabled Alpha Connect controller, you won’t find a better pellet grill for the price.
Are wood pellet grills healthy?
This is a deeper question than it might appear at first, but on one level, choosing to cook foods on a wood pellet grill will generally provide a lower calorie, lower fat option than say pan frying or deep frying that same food.
How do wood pellet grills work?
Pellet grills work off of electricity, so they need an outlet to supply their power. That electricity allows the grill to move pellets into the hopper and funnel them down to a firepot using a rotating auger and motor. Once the pellets hit the firepot an igniter rod sparks a flame and smoke is produced. The electricity powers a fan that blows that smoke and heat upwards which then provides smoky, convection cooking throughout the grill. All of this is taken care of by your Alpha Connect controller, so you don't have to worry about anything but eating!
New Wireless Alpha Connect Control Board
The Chimp Alpha Connect offers you more control than ever before, wherever you go with it’s new WiFi enabled control board! Start or stop your grill from anywhere you have a wireless connection. Monitor temperatures, set probe and grill temperature alarms, utilize our new TempTamer technology, and get troubleshooting help for when your grill has a hiccup.
If you’ve used a Chimp before, you know it has our exclusive Pro Smoke mode, as well as a PID option. We made sure to build both of those right into the new controller so you still get the same performance you’ve grown to love. Our Pro mode maximizes smoke throughout your cook by slightly increasing the temperature variance of the grill. While the PID mode lets you stick closely to your desired temperature.