Silverbac Wood Pellet Grill Alpha Connect (WiFi)
Silverbac Wood Pellet Grill Alpha Connect (WiFi)
The Silverbac wood pellet grill has gotten a huge upgrade! Our signature heavy-duty barrel style smoker now comes equipped with our industry changing Alpha Connect WiFi Control Board, letting you:
- Start or stop your grill from anywhere you have a wireless connection
- Monitor temperatures, set probe and grill temperature alarms
- Utilize our new TempTamer technology
- Get troubleshooting help for when your grill has a hiccup
It still has the same large stainless steel grill grates and heavy-duty stainless steel lid. It comes standard with a 20 lb. capacity pellet hopper, quick access pellet dump, and large storage cabinet. Built to be an industry leader and technologically smarter than most of the competition, the Silverbac is easy to use and ready to break out incredible food for your BBQ, party or even when you just want a quick burger on a Saturday afternoon. So if you’re ready to take your outdoor cooking to the next level and graduate from your current setup to something that gives your food restaurant quality wood fired flavor, the Silverbac is waiting for you.
Features of the Silverbac Pellet Grill
Wood Pellet Heating Technology
- Alpha Connect WiFi Controller
- Set' n Forget Digital Control System
- Backlit Easy Read Control Board
- 180°F to 500°F in 5-degree increments
- Set & Monitor Timers
- Full Wireless Control and Troubleshooting Help through Application
- Indirect Cooking
- Full stainless steel grates
- Convection-style cooking
- No flare-ups
- Automatic Fire Tending by advanced control board
- Included meat probe connected to control board for easy monitoring
- Stainless steel firepot
- Double Wall Insulation
- Industry Exclusive TempTamer Feature
- Diminishes effect on grill temperature when opening the lid.
High-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If the unit exceeds 615°F, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
Low-Temperature Safety Shutdown
- If unit drops below 150°F for an extended time, shutdown is initiated and an error message will be displayed.
- High-temperature powder coat
- 20-lb hopper capacity
- Four pivot casters for ease of movement with two locking brakes
- Grease can Holder
- Total Cooking Surface Area: 692" square inches
- Main Cooking Area: 26x19.5=507" square inches
- Upper Cooking Area: 7x26.5=185" square inches
- Grill grates made from ¼-inch stainless steel rod
- Removable top grate
- Double Wall insulated cooking chamber helps maintain heat
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Seams welded, powder coated, and caulked for triple redundant weather protection
- Stainless steel lid
- Solid bottom enclosed storage
- Drip pan protects against flare-ups by catching food drippings
- Stainless steel internal components
- Double Wall Thermal Metal Jacket for year around efficiency
- The Silverbac is powered by a standard household three-prong outlet: 120 Volt 50/60hz.
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 51 in.
- Width: 47 in.
- Depth: 22 in.
- Weight: 170 lbs
Frequently Asked Questions about the Silverbac Wood Pellet Grill
How do I get replacement parts for the Silverbac?
Replacement parts for the Silverbac can be purchased online.
Can I sear with the Silverbac?
Yes! Simply crank up your heat to 450° towards the end of you cook. For those extremely defined grill marks, we also offer custom Grill Grates customized specifically for the Silverbac.
How do I season my Silverbac?
Before you get to smoking, it's important to season your Silverbac. This process will remove any manufacturing oils left on the grill. Run your grill for 45 minutes at 450°, then you are ready to either shut it off, or start smoking. Refer to the manual or this video for additional instructions.
Do I have to buy a specific brand of pellets to use with the Silverbac?
Nope! Any food grade wood pellet will work in these units. That being said, we do recommend using quality hardwood pellet fuel, as opposed to alder wood (which tends to burn a lot faster). We provide plenty of information on how to find and use wood pellets
How many cooks can I get with a full hopper?
At an average cooking temperature of 250°, pellets burn at about a pound an hour. Overall a hopper holds 20 lbs of pellets and will cook for 10-20 hours.
How hard is it to assemble the Silverbac?
You don't need a giant manual or to be a mechanical engineer to assemble a Silverbac Wood Pellet Grill. It's a matter of attaching the bottom cabinet and top barrel. We have a video that walks you through step by step on how to assemble your Silverbac.
Will the Silverbac maintain cooking temperatures in cold weather?
You bet! Our pellet grills are come standard with a double wall Internal Steel Thermal Jacket. This heavy-duty design features a double wall liner for more efficient cooking when the temperature drops below 55° F: up to 33% more efficient than single wall pellet smokers (which most are by the way). That means you're going to burn less fuel in cold weather, you don't need thermal blankets and you have a full range of operating temperatures in any climate. No more messy smoky blanket storage because you've got the all season performance of grills that cost twice as much.
What's the best wood pellet grill?
The best wood pellet grill should have an excellent range of features and a reasonable price. The Silverbac, Grilla and Chimp offer an unmatched level of construction and technology at a price point that won’t break the bank. From stainless steel construction (where it counts) to the game changing WiFi enabled Alpha Connect controller, you won’t find a better pellet grill for the price.
Are wood pellet grills healthy?
This is a deeper question than it might appear at first, but on one level, choosing to cook foods on a wood pellet grill will generally provide a lower calorie, lower fat option than say pan frying or deep frying that same food.
How do wood pellet grills work?
Pellet grills work off of electricity, so they need an outlet to supply their power. That electricity allows the grill to move pellets into the hopper and funnel them down to a firepot using a rotating auger and motor. Once the pellets hit the firepot an igniter rod sparks a flame and smoke is produced. The electricity powers a fan that blows that smoke and heat upwards which then provides smoky, convection cooking throughout the grill. All of this is taken care of by your Alpha Connect controller, so you don't have to worry about anything but eating!
New Wireless Alpha Connect Control Board
The Silverbac Alpha Connect now comes standard with the Alpha Connect WiFi Control Board. The new controller combines all of Grilla Grills exclusive smoking technology with new, amazing features you’ve all been asking for. Start or stop your grill from anywhere you have a wireless connection. Monitor temperatures, set probe and grill temperature alarms, utilize our new TempTamer technology, and get troubleshooting help for when your grill has a hiccup.
The new TempTamer technology in the Alpha Connect controller gives you the ability to maintain steady temperatures when you have to open your grill. If you’ve used a pellet grill, you know opening it can cause your temperatures to become unstable. Our new feature tells your grill when you’ve opened your grill, so it knows how to better maintain the level of heat you set!
Of course, our other industry defining tech from our Alpha Smoke controller is built into the new Alpha Connect board. Meaning you still have the option to cook in Grilla’s traditional Pro mode to maximize smoke, or use the PID mode allowing you to maintain an incredibly steady temperature throughout your cook.
The Silverbac can cook at temperatures between 180 and 500 degrees in 5-degree increments. The included meat probe and digital control system let you keep close tabs on the grill temperature as well as the temperature of your meat from anywhere. All of the Silverbac’s components are made of high-quality materials, including the burn pot, grill grates and heat deflector which are all made of stainless steel.